From 750 Best Muffin Recipes. Based on Spain's deep-fried doughnuts, these muffins are outrageously good, without getting out the fryers! Rolling the light muffins in butter and cinnamon sugar while they are still warm gives them the taste of being fried. They taste exactly like the real thing! Note: DO NOT use all-purpose flour! And while the batter may not taste like you expect, trust me; the muffins will turn out wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease 3 6-cup muffin pans.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 4In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat shortening and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended and pale yellow.
- 5With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, making three additions of flour and two of milk, until just blended.
- 6Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 26 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- 8Pour butter into a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine cinnamon and the remaining sugar. Roll warm muffins in butter, then in sugar mixture to coat. Return to rack and let cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churros Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 205.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g