Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Yummy Mexican snack or dessert. Add cinnamon to the sugar for a different taste after they are all cooked. Children love these.
Top Review by Kannwilson
I'm a Spanish teacher and have been looking for a good and easy churros recipe my students can have to make their own churros. This one is great for that. I did have one problem with the recipe. I piped the churros on wax paper and had problems with them sticking to the paper. Next time, I'll try piping them on a floured surface.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of
- fat (for frying)
- granulated sugar or powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, sugar and salt to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour all at once and beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star point.
- Pipe 3 inch strips onto waxed paper or floured surface.
- Add lemon peel to fry fat and heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry churros a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, turning as necessary.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in sugar.