Recipe by canarygirl
Another one of my Canary recipes...this works well with any kind of white fish. Cook time is per batch.
Top Review by elenanura
very nice, whole family was pleased. Used mneral sparkling water instead of beer, also first marinaded dora creamy fish for 15 min in a bit of black and red chilly pepper, salt and lemon juice
- 3 lbs fish fillets, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 bottle beer (or carbonated water)
- 1 cup flour (about)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- saffron (about 3-4 threads, toasted and ground, or yellow food coloring)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, beer, flour, baking powder, saffron and salt with a whisk until well blended, and there are no lumps.
- Heat sunflower oil to medium high heat in a deep frying pan.
- Dip pieces of fish in batter and fry until golden, (about 2-4 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet) turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with garlic mayo and lemon wedges.