Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Another one of my Canary recipes...this works well with any kind of white fish. Cook time is per batch.
- 3 lbs fish fillets, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 bottle beer (or carbonated water)
- 1 cup flour (about)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- saffron (about 3-4 threads, toasted and ground, or yellow food coloring)
- oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, beer, flour, baking powder, saffron and salt with a whisk until well blended, and there are no lumps.
- Heat sunflower oil to medium high heat in a deep frying pan.
- Dip pieces of fish in batter and fry until golden, (about 2-4 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet) turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with garlic mayo and lemon wedges.
This resipe didn't work for me at all. Batter didn't stick, taste was pretty bland. I followed the recipe to the "t". I have no idea what went wrong.....
We ate these right up and enjoyed every mouthful. I used catfish this time but will experiment with other types of fish. Very good!