Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Another one of my Canary recipes...this works well with any kind of white fish. Cook time is per batch.
- 3 lbs fish fillets, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 bottle beer (or carbonated water)
- 1 cup flour (about)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- saffron (about 3-4 threads, toasted and ground, or yellow food coloring)
- oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, beer, flour, baking powder, saffron and salt with a whisk until well blended, and there are no lumps.
- Heat sunflower oil to medium high heat in a deep frying pan.
- Dip pieces of fish in batter and fry until golden, (about 2-4 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet) turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with garlic mayo and lemon wedges.
very nice, whole family was pleased. Used mneral sparkling water instead of beer, also first marinaded dora creamy fish for 15 min in a bit of black and red chilly pepper, salt and lemon juice
This resipe didn't work for me at all. Batter didn't stick, taste was pretty bland. I followed the recipe to the "t". I have no idea what went wrong.....
We ate these right up and enjoyed every mouthful. I used catfish this time but will experiment with other types of fish. Very good!