Recipe by Ashley Alli
Just like the ones they make at the stands.
Top Review by Happy Mom
Delicious! They were every bit as good as the churros from my favorite restaurant! I did follow reviewers' suggestions and use 2 eggs in the dough. I also recommend serving the churros warm with warm chocolate syrup on the side for dipping. Thanks for the recipe!
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare to fry churros by heating the oil in a pan (1- 1 1/2") to 360°F To make churro dough, heat water, margarine, and salt to rolling boil in 3 quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball (about 1 min); remove from heat.
- Beat eggs all at once; continue beating until smooth and add to saucepan while stirring mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a cake decorator tube with a large star tip.
- Squeeze 4" strips of dough into hot oil.
- Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once every 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; roll churros in sugar or dump it on the pile.