Complete any mexican dish with these(Spanish Fritters) popular, light and crisp Spanish pastry.
Make and share this Churros recipe from Food.com.
- For cinnamon sugar: In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, mix thoroughly then set aside.
- For dough: In a 3 quart saucepan, add water, butter, shortening, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cornmeal and flour all at once.
- Return to low heat and stir vigorously with a spoon until a ball forms.
- Remove from heat.
- Place warm dough in a mixing bowl and add the beaten eggs.
- Blend until smooth and shiny.
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, place 3 inches of oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- (#5preferred) Pipe 8 inch strips of dough into hot oil and fry on both sides until browned and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.