Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Churros are a sweet bread that is great served with Mexican Hot Chocolate. Yummy for breakfast! The cook time is approximate per churro. Yield amount is just a guess. I don't remember how many it makes
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat 1- 1 1/2 inches oil in pan.
- to 360 degrees F.
- Heat water margarine and salt to a rolling boil in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs add them to saucepan while stirring mixture.
- Spoon into a cake decorator's tube with a large star tip.
- Squeeze 4 inch strips of dough into hot oil.
- Fry 3-4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon (optional).
- Roll the churros in the sugar (or cinnamon sugar) mixture or dump the sugar on top of the churros.
First time i tried it, it turned out so good