Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick bastardization of Simply Delicioso's take of the Churro. This recipe uses Freezer Section Puff Pastry.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 sheet defrosted puff pastry
- chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on your work surface and place the puff pastry in an even, single layer on top. Brush the pastry lightly with water and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Flip the pastry over and repeat on the second side. Cut the pastry into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide strips. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, twisting the ends of each strip so it looks like a corkscrew. Bake until they're puffed and golden brown, 20 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
- Serve with dipping sauce.