Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann on foodtv.com. These are a Mexican sweet that I have had a fairs and carnivals. I was thrilled to see it on TV and how easy they were to make using puff pastry. A healthier version because they are baked, not fried like the fair food.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- dulce de leche, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on your work surface and place the puff pastry in an even, single layer on top.
- Brush the pastry lightly with water and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Flip the pastry over and repeat on the second side.
- Cut the pastry into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide strips. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, twisting the ends of each strip so it looks like a corkscrew.
- Bake until they're puffed and golden brown, 20 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
- Serve with dulce de leche or caramel dipping sauce.
Yummy! These were so tasty!
Addictive - made for the cook-a-thon.
Took to a party and they were a huge hit! I cut them into strips, then cut each strip into thirds to make mini-churrisimos. Perfect party size. Baked for 18 minutes. Easy to make and delicious!