Prep 10 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This citrus and pesto like recipe is from one of our favorite local restaurant's "Dinosaur BBQ". It is using their bottled marinade. For those who have received a package from me, I have included this sauce. For those who have not--never fear, I am including the web address so that you can enjoy it too. Go to www.dinobbq.com .. also, look for other "Dinosaur" recipes using their sauces under me or my hubby Rickv.
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) beef strip steaks
- 1 cup dinosaur bbq mojito marinade
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 10 -12 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Start early in the Morning, remove the boot strap tendon sometimes found on the outside edge of the steaks.
- Pour on marinade and let them stand all day.
- Using parsley leaves fill measuring cup to make 1 full packed cup.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients except oil in a food processor or blender to form a paste.
- Dribble in a little oil at a time until fully blended.
- Taste, add more seasonings if desired.
- Set aside.
- Take steaks out of marinade and pat dry.
- Grill on hot grill until medium-rare (Ok, Hubby teases me, I like mine a little more done than that).
- Serve with some sauce spooned over each steak.
I love chimichurri sauce and got curious about this mojito marinade. I found the recipe for it at epicurious.com if anyone else out there is interested in trying this recipe. :)
First, I must say, BUY THE MARINADE! Tammie included some in my swap package, and it is awesome. We really enjoyed this recipe, it was very good! I did omit the red pepper flakes, my kids don't like anything hot, so I didn't even attempt it, but even without, the steaks turned out great! And I ate mine a little more done than medium rare also! Great recipe, Tammie!