1/2 Photos of Churrasco (Argentine Grilled Meat Marinade )
This is a marinade for the churrasco dish. In Argentina, where this style of cooking developed, "churrasco" actually refers to many types of meats prepared on the grill. It's also popular with Nicaraguans. The churrasco cut steak is a long flat cut of skirt steak, cut from the "plate" of the cow. You might find it sold at some butcher shops as a "plate" steak. Don't confuse it with the flank steak, a similar cut, but NOT the same! The churrasco steak is typically marinated to make it tender and full of flavour. Serve topped with Chimichurri (Argentine Parsley-Garlic Sauce for Grilled Meats). I did not include marinating time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash garlic, salt, and peppercorns into a paste, using a mortar and pestle. Stir in orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, onion, and oregano. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer. Whisk the garlic-orange juice mixture with the olive oil until well blended.
- 2Preparing the Meat: Preparing the meat is very easy. Place the meat in a large bowl or pan. Add enough marinade to cover the meat. Place a cover over the bowl or pan and place in the refrigerator a minimum of five hours, but preferably overnight.
- 3Grill the marinated meat outdoors on the barbecue. (Make sure your coals are hot and white!). For the steak - you can cook them however you like your it -- from rare to well done. However, the rarer the meat, the more tender and flavorful!
- 4Serve the meat with the Chimichurri (Argentine Parsley-Garlic Sauce for Grilled Meats).
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churrasco (Argentine Grilled Meat Marinade )
Serving Size: 1 (941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.9
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1565.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g