1/1 Photo of Church's Honey Biscuits
Juju Bee's Note:
I have been looking for a good biscuit recipe for a long time, and I came across this recipe. It is a copy cat recipe for Church's biscuits from cdkitchen.com I tried it out, and it was wonderful! My husband loved them too! You should try it for yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl.
- 3Work the shortening into the flour mixture by crumbling with your hands until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- 4Pour milk into flour mixture and mix well.
- 5On a slightly floured surface, knead the dough about 12-15 times.
- 6Make dough into balls (about 2 inches) and place on baking sheet.
- 7Brush Dough balls with some of the melted butter.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- 9Meanwhile Bring the remainder of the butter, and all of the honey to a boil in a sauce pan, then set the honey butter aside.
- 10When biscuits are done remove from the oven and immediately brush each biscuit with honey butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Church's Honey Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g