Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Church Supper Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 7 lbs lean ground beef (90%)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In several large skillets, cook the beef, onion and celery until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the brown sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
- Note: Recipe can be made ahead of time and frozen in batches when serving a crowd.