Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for church socials.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups warm cooked rice (long-grain)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- red leaf lettuce
- Add chicken to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the warm rice in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the green onion, curry powder, and Beau Monde seasoning; add to the rice; stir to blend well.
- In the same small bowl, blend the vegetable oil and white wine vinegar; pour over the rice mixture and let stand overnight.
- Next day--add the bell pepper and mayonnaise to the rice mixture; add in the chicken and almonds; blend gently and thoroughly.
- Chill for up to 6 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of red-leaf lettuce leaves.