Recipe by Gone Fishin'
My Mom started my sisters and I making these cookies when we were very young. I think it was probably the first thing I ever baked. This recipe produces a rather crisp cookie which we all thought was good.
- 236.59 ml butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml real vanilla
- 59.14 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml flour
- 709.77 ml oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put the rack in the center of the oven.
- When measuring your brown sugar pack in firmly.
- Use All purpose Flour.
- Beat the eggs, sugars and butter just enough to combine.
- Add the vanilla and water then combine.
- Sift flour, salt and soda and add to first mixture.
- Once this has been incorporated, add the Oats and mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes and cook on wire rack.