Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mom started my sisters and I making these cookies when we were very young. I think it was probably the first thing I ever baked. This recipe produces a rather crisp cookie which we all thought was good.
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put the rack in the center of the oven.
- When measuring your brown sugar pack in firmly.
- Use All purpose Flour.
- Beat the eggs, sugars and butter just enough to combine.
- Add the vanilla and water then combine.
- Sift flour, salt and soda and add to first mixture.
- Once this has been incorporated, add the Oats and mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes and cook on wire rack.
Excellent oatmeal cookie! Next time I make these (and I will make them again) I will add raisins!! To me it's just not the same without the raisins!