Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good side dish for chicken, pork chops, Mexican food or any plain meat.
Make and share this Church Cookbook Mexican Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 green onions, and tops sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tomatoes, skinned and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup peas, fresh (optional) or 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Saute the onions, red pepper and garlic in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the uncooked rice and toast for about 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and simmer over low heat for 20 30 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. It should be moist but not runny.
Very nice rice. Makes a pretty accompaniment that everyone should like. Made for My Three Chefs event.