Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish is savory and crunchy. I could not stop munching on the Chinese noodles while I was preparing this dish.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 lb ground lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) candrained bean sprouts
- garnish with chinese noodles
- Brown onions and celery in butter. Add rice and ground beef, and cook until brown. Add soup, soy sauce, and water. Stir in bean sprouts. Place in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 39 minutes, covered. Remove cover and bake for 30 more minutes. Serve with Chinese noodles.
I made this for dinner this past week, and we did enjoy it. It is very simple to make (and I like the fact that its inexpensive). I thought 2 onions and the entire 1 cup of celery was too much, tho. Next time I make this I will use 1 onion and maybe 1/3 cup of celery. The flavor was good. I used white rice and fresh bean sprouts (rather than canned), but unfortunately, "someone" ate my chinese noodles that I had hidden in the cupboard... but hubby swears he didn't eat them! Thank you for posting. I will make this again. (Made for "Name That Ingredient" tag)
This is a nice and easy recipe, great for a busy weeknight! I used brown rice and also enjoyed the crunch of the Chinese noodles. Simple and tasty - thanks for sharing the recipe!