Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This wonderful, no-fail recipe was found in an old Iowa church cookbook. This recipe was used for the church luncheons. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- Brown the ground beef; drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve on your desired hamburger bun with your favorite condiments and enjoy!
- This goes really well with Best-Ever Baked Beans and Sausage!
My DH and I did not really care for the flavor of these sloppy joes. The yellow mustard flavor seemed to overpower the other flavors. Gave it a 3 star rating as there is nothing wrong with the recipe and others may like the flavor.