Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Meltingly delicious. Try adding some grated lime zest into the dough with the white chocolate--the tropical taste will make you think "summer" in the dead of winter:)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute them evenly over the flour mixture; cut butter into the mixture until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, stir together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla; add to the flour mixture and knead until combined.
- Knead in the white chocolate.
- With lightly floured hands, pat the dough out on a floured surface to about 5/8" thickness.
- Cut out circles or other shapes using a biscuit or cookie cutter.
- Gather scraps of dough together and repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet; transfer scones to a wire rack to cool further.
- Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container.