Prep 22 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother's personal favorite--chunks of smooth white chocolate and tart raspberries floating in a tender vanilla batter with a sugared topping. What's not to love?!
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease 12 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla; blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, 2 cups of the flour, and the white chocolate; whisk to combine.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture; stirring just until combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries--the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 Tbsp. of flour and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Dust muffin tops with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center of a muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tins; carefully transfer muffins to wire racks and cool further.
- Serve warm or cool; store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is delicious! I found it on the inside of a Ghiradelli white chocolate baking bar and was about to post it but found yours. Thanks so much for posting JamesDean'sGirl! :)
Great recipe! I have made these a few times now & found that if you decrease the sugar a little they are still plenty sweet. I also use slightly less white chocolate chips & raspberries than called for because it lightens the batter slightly & makes them rise sky high! Thanks :)
I love these! The recipe made 12 huge, tasty muffins! I used half dark chocolate because I didn't have enough white but they we're still delicious.