Recipe by andypandy
this is just so great with grilled shrimp. Its a must try.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
So yummy and refeshing!!!! We have a cool Mexican restaurant here in Arizona that serves watermelon salsa and all kinds of other fruit salsas and this is pretty similar to their recipe. I served this salsa with chips and recipe#225210 by Karen in OC. I loved this salsa, will make again!!!
- 1 lime
- 2 cups seeded watermelon
- 1 cup seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut watermelon into 1/2 cubes. Cut the cucumber into 1/2 cubes also. Thinly slice spring garden onions. Mince jalapeno pepper.
- Cut with a small paring knife the peel and white pith away from the fruit of the lime. Cut lime into 1/4 inch size pieces.
- Place the lime into a medium sized bowl. Along with any of the juices.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir gently to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Can be done up to 2 hours ahead. Serve chilled with grilled fish.