This soup is one of the three soup suggested in the Seven Day Diet from A-list diet (Food Doctor). The two other soup recipes are also posted - Clear soup and Tomato and rosemary soup. This vegetable-based soup provides your body with a high degree of easily absorbed nutrients, together with vital fiber and liquid. It will also help to promote better digestive health, which is the main goal of the Food Doctor eating plan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 lb pumpkin or 1/2 lb winter squash such as acorns or 1/2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/2 medium leek, finely sliced
- 6 cups fresh chicken or 6 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast free bouillon powder to 6 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Put the seeds in a small, heavy pan and toast over medium heat for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- 2Gently heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan and soften the onion and garlic for five minutes.
- 3Add the rest of the vegetables and seeds.
- 4Heat them together in the oil for another five minutes or so.
- 5Add just enough stock to cover the vegetables and simmer for ten minutes.
- 6Add the remaining stock and the bay leaf.
- 7Season with black pepper and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until all vegetables are cooked.
- 9Store the remaining portions you want to keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vegetable Soup (From Food Doctor/ a List Diet)
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: