This is a quick and simple soup which has proved a good standby meal over the years. You can substitute the leek for celery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 -2 carrot, scraped and cubed
- 2 leeks, rinsed and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1/2 pint milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese, to serve
- chopped parsley or chives, to serve
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then add all the prepared vegetables.
- 2Stir to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover the pan and leave the vegetables to sweat over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the vegetable stock and the milk.
- 5Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked.
- 6Check the seasoning before serving.
- 7Serve with chopped herbs, grated cheese and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: