Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The heartiest most delicious soup that will please anyone on a winters day. You can put any vegetables in place of others, what ever you've got in the cupboard.
- 4000.0 ml vegetable stock (or 4 litres of water and 16 teaspoons of powdered stock)
- 1 big potato
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1 big onion
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 0 red cabbage
- 0 green cabbage
- 1 large zucchini
- 250 g frozen spinach or 250 g chopped spinach
- 800 g canof crushed Italian tomatoes
- 400 g can corn kernels
- 500 g of washed red lentils
- salt and pepper
- Simmer everything except the tomatoes and the red lentils until very soft, then add tomatoes and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Turn down the heat then add the red lentils, cooking until the lentils mix in to the rest of the broth. Simple but delicious!