Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fore more healthy, gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (about 9 oz/250 g)
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp dried basil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 1⁄2 cups french green lentils, rinsed, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 6 cups water (or vegetable soup stock)
- 1 canned crushed tomatoes (15 oz/425 g)
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, heat olive oil, add chopped onions and sauté until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add minced garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, potato, kale, paprika and herbs and sauté for a few more minutes stirring frequently.
- Add lentils, water, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes (If you are using a pressure cooker, cook under pressure for 7 minutes and use a natural releasing method.).
- Add salt, infuse love and serve!
I made this soup for my picky boyfriend and he loved it! Myself and my mother also thought it was excellent. The only thing I will do next time is perhaps double the kale and add a bit more sweet potato. Otherwise it was delicious and extremely easy!