1/1 Photo of Chunky Vegetable Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Fore more healthy, gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (about 9 oz/250 g)
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp dried basil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 1/2 cups french green lentils, rinsed, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 6 cups water (or vegetable soup stock)
- 1 canned crushed tomatoes (15 oz/425 g)
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large pot, heat olive oil, add chopped onions and sauté until onions are translucent and soft.
- 2Add minced garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- 3Add celery, carrots, potato, kale, paprika and herbs and sauté for a few more minutes stirring frequently.
- 4Add lentils, water, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes (If you are using a pressure cooker, cook under pressure for 7 minutes and use a natural releasing method.).
- 5Add salt, infuse love and serve!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vegetable Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: