1/1 Photo of Chunky Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 25 mins
A family favorite from Betty Crocker. I omit the final butter/flour/milk/garlic ingredients to make it a lighter/healthier dish, it remains delicious. I also triple, yes triple, the tomatoes (taking care to strain extra juices before layering the veggies in the dish).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 large carrots, coarsely shredded (~ 2 cups)
- diced tomato, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (~12 ounces)
- 1Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- 2Mix brocolli, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, pesto and salt in a bowl.
- 3Mix ricotta, Parmesan, parsley and egg in a separate bowl.
- 4Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over low to medium heat. Cook garlic in butter about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until garlic is golden and fragrant. Stir in flour. Cook over heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly for one minute.
- 5Heat over to 350F.
- 6Place 3 noodles in an ungreased rectangular pan (13x9x2). Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 3 noodles; spread with half of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkly with 1 cup of mozarella cheesse. Top with 3 noodles; spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with 3 noodles; spread with remaining vegetable mixture.
- 7Pour the butter/milk/flour sauce evenly over the top and sprinkle with the remaining mozarella cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 584.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: