Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From MidWest Living magazine.
- 1 lb skinless cod, fresh or frozen,fillets or steaks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 3 1⁄2 cups chicken
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw cod, if frozen; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook bell pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in vegetable or chicken broth, green beans, cabbage, basil, thyme, rosemary, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add fish to saucepan and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.