William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very easy to make and delicious soup. This is just one of my developed recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped coarse
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 stalks celery, chopped,include leaves
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 cups thinly sliced white cabbage
- 1 cup fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed or 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 19 fluid ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium size cooking pot, add vegetable stock, onion and potatoes; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 2Add celery, green beans, cabbage, spinach, carrots, red and green peppers, dill weed, kidney beans, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 3Add salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- 4Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 5When serving, sprinkle each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vegetable/bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 142.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: