Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very easy to make and delicious soup. This is just one of my developed recipes.
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped coarse
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 stalks celery, chopped,include leaves
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 cups thinly sliced white cabbage
- 1 cup fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed or 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 19 fluid ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size cooking pot, add vegetable stock, onion and potatoes; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add celery, green beans, cabbage, spinach, carrots, red and green peppers, dill weed, kidney beans, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- When serving, sprinkle each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.