1 hr 15 mins
Yahoo Group Files
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, quarter and core the pears.
- 2Chop them in small cubes and toss them in a bowl with the lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 3In a large heavy saucepan combine the apple juice concentrate with the vanilla bean and the water.
- 4Boil it over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove the vanilla bean and add the pears and their liquid.
- 6Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat and cook, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes, or until the mixture thickens enough to hold its shape on a spoon and has reached nearly 220 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.
- 7Spoon the jam into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Vanilla Pear Jam
Serving Size: 1 (3228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 133.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: