Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yahoo Group Files
Make and share this Chunky Vanilla Pear Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears.
- Chop them in small cubes and toss them in a bowl with the lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the apple juice concentrate with the vanilla bean and the water.
- Boil it over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean and add the pears and their liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat and cook, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes, or until the mixture thickens enough to hold its shape on a spoon and has reached nearly 220 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.
- Spoon the jam into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.