Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious soup recipe that I got out of a1990's cookbook called, Live Long and Healthy.
Make and share this Chunky Turkey Soup, Mediterranean Style recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes with juice, do not drain
- 118.29 ml long grain rice
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 283.49 g package frozen green beans
- 473.18 ml roasted turkey, cut into 1-inch cubes or 473.18 ml cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml chopped black olives
- 14.79 ml fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, water, carrots, rice, and basil. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans, black olives, turkey and salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or so until soup is heated through.
- Serve with garlic sticks or crusty bread.