Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve this with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (26 -28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, cook and stir until softened.
- Add four; cook and stir until moistened. Gradually add milk, cooking and stirring about 2 minutes or until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes and broth. Cover; cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until mixture boils.
- Top each serving with 3 tablespoons cheese.