1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 12 mins
This recipe was a 2006 Southern Living Cook-Off finalist. To cut down on cooking time, use corn from the frozen section of your grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons domino granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mccormick gourmet collection mediterranean basil leaves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- crisco nonstick cooking spray
- fresh basil sprig
- 1Melt 1 tablespoons butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add shallots, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- 2Stir in garlic and tomato paste, and sauté 1 minute.
- 3Add tomatoes, sugar, and basil, and sauté 3 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- 5Cover and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low; uncover and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes.
- 7Stir in 3/4 cup cream, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, combine crumbled blue cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- 9Microwave at HIGH 25 seconds or until cheese melts.
- 10Whisk until well blended.
- 11Brush mixture evenly onto corn.
- 12Coat a cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 13Arrange corn on cooking grate, and grill 12 minutes, turning every 3 minutes or until done.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes.
- 15Hold each grilled cob upright on a cutting board, and carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from cob.
- 16Discard cobs.
- 17Stir kernels into soup.
- 18Ladle soup into bowls, and drizzle evenly with remaining cream.
- 19Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Tomato 'n' Grilled Corn Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (2639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 627.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g