1/1 Photo of Chunky Tomato Cheese Pie
1 hr 5 mins
If you make this pie with garden-grown tomatoes, you will think you are dining in heaven, this is so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- prepared pastry dough (to fit a for a 9-inch pie plate)
- 4 large ripe firm tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups old cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- cheddar cheese slice, cut into strips
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Fit pastry into a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges.
- 3In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs, about 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, flour and sugar.
- 4In a bowl toss together the tomato cubes, cheddar cheese cubes, seasoned salt and pepper.
- 5Add in the bread crumb mixture; toss until well combined.
- 6Transfer the tomato mixture into the prepared pie pastry in the pie plate.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese cubes melt and the tomato cubes are soft.
- 8Remove from oven and top with tomato slices, overlapping slices if necessary.
- 9Sprinkle the tomato slices with black pepper, salt and about 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- 10Top with the cheddar cheese slices in a decorative pattern.
- 11Return to oven and bake for about 10 minutes longer.
- 12Cut in wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Tomato Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 442.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: