1/2 Photos of Chunky Tomato-Basil Bisque
This was served at my church's annual Soup Night. Heavenly! I think I ate 3 bowls all by myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in basil, sugar, salt and pepper; cool slightly.
- 5Transfer half of soup mixture to a blender.
- 6While processing, gradually add cream; process until pureed.
- 7Return to pan; heat through but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Tomato-Basil Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 931.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g