Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was served at my church's annual Soup Night. Heavenly! I think I ate 3 bowls all by myself.
Make and share this Chunky Tomato-Basil Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- In large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil, sugar, salt and pepper; cool slightly.
- Transfer half of soup mixture to a blender.
- While processing, gradually add cream; process until pureed.
- Return to pan; heat through but do not boil.
I just made this soup about 15 min. ago and had to give it rave reviews!! I've had a craving for a great tomato soup and this definitely hit the spot! Made a couple minor adjustments: no red pepper in the house so added some chopped carrot, added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and used a little milk to make up for not having enough cream. Also added a tiny bit more sugar, which was probably to make up from the sweetness missing from the pepper. An immersion blender is what I would recommend to puree...be careful regardless. Hot soup is not fun to wear!
I cut the recipe in half, used a mixture of cream and half-n-half (which still turned out delicious) and otherwise followed the instructions. Delicious!!! DH kept asking what was in this and I told him but he thought it was so good it had to have more ingredients. Simple and very good. Definately a keeper! Made for the Think Pink 2012 tag game.
This was simple and really tasty! I used some red pepper that I had frozen (love to freeze it in chunks when it's on sale) but made it as directed otherwise. I used an immersion blender so mine might have been a little chunkier than called for, but I like it that way. Thanks Angela TN for a good, easy, keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.