This was served at my church's annual Soup Night. Heavenly! I think I ate 3 bowls all by myself.
Make and share this Chunky Tomato-Basil Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- In large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil, sugar, salt and pepper; cool slightly.
- Transfer half of soup mixture to a blender.
- While processing, gradually add cream; process until pureed.
- Return to pan; heat through but do not boil.