This easy taco soup is full of flavor. It tastes even better the second day. Note: If you want it more soupier you can add another small can of tomato sauce.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef or 3⁄4 lb diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) cansmall red beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, do not drain
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (use Regular or Hot & Spicy)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- tortilla chips, use for dipping
- Brown the hamburger or chicken in a large pot then drain the excess grease.
- Add all the ingredients except the cheese & sour cream. Simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls then top with sour cream & cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.