Recipe by Kim
I got this recipe from Taste of Home October/November 2004. I made this this for my family and even my picky eater liked it. It is a little bit on the spicy side. So next time I will make it using one plan can of tomatoes and one can of tomatoes with green chilies.
Top Review by Debbie B
I made this tonight for dinner and it was good but like you said it was spicy, too spicy for my 5 year old and I even used one can of regular tomatoes. My husband loved it though!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add the pinto beans, tomatoes, water, black beans, creamstyle corn, salad dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20- 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stiring in between this time every 5 mimutes.