Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great with roasted meats or bread
- 4 cups peeled chopped granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine apples, sugar, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of butter, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook LOW 8 hours.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the vanilla.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with roasted meats or on toast.