Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've been making this recipe for years. I used to put it in individual bags for the kids when I was a room mother. Anytime there's a party at my house, there's always a bowl of this on the table. And by the end of the party the whole bowl is empty. It's wonderful! Also get creative....try different cereals and different types of peanuts (Spanish, pecan, etc.).
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, combine popcorn, rice cereal, and peanuts.
- Put aside.
- In a sauce pan, put the brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine and salt.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the baking soda.
- This will cause the mixture to "froth".
- Pour this over the popcorn mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet (you can cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray this to make clean up easier) and bake at 250°F for 40 minutes.
- Mix once or twice while it is cooking.
- Let cool on the pan.
- Break apart and serve.
This was soooooo yummy!!! thank you for sharing the reciepe, made it for my husbands b-day, and everyone loved it. have a great day!