1/1 Photo of Chunky-Style Roasted Tomato Ketchup
Great on hamburgers, hot dogs or other grilled sandwiches. Add jalapenos for a little spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb roma tomato, cut in half vertically,seeded and juice removed
- 1/4 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium sliced sweet onion
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place tomatoes, skin side up, on baking rack set on baking sheet.
- 3Add the green pepper and onion.
- 4Brush vegetables very lightly with olive oil.
- 5Place in oven and roast until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 7Chop the onions and peppers fairly small.
- 8Place the tomatoes in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
- 9Add the onions, peppers and additional ingredients.
- 10Taste for seasoning.
- 11Let set at room temperature until ready to use.
- 12Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky-Style Roasted Tomato Ketchup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g