Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A thick spaghetti sauce ..you can vary the types of meat (ground pork, turkey, chicken ,beef or a combination of these), and you can use any veggies of your choice to add to the sauce but just be sure that they are chopped finely.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped finely (you can vary the type of onion)
- 3 (680 ml) cans spaghetti sauce (any variety or flavour)
- 2 green peppers, chopped finely
- 2 red sweet peppers, chopped finely
- 6 -8 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, chopped in chunks or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Brown the meat and vegetables till the meat is no longer pink.
- Don't add any water or oil.
- The meat will give off its own liquids.
- Add garlic, thyme and pepper.
- Add spaghetti sauce.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently and skimming off any grease that surfaces to the top.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste if you want it spicy.
- Serve over noodles and add parmesan cheese on top if you'd like.