Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup kidney bean, rinse &,drained
- 1 cup cannellini beans, rinsed &,drained
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat 3-quart sauce pan and spray with oil, add onion and cook 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Add crushed tomatoes, honey and herbs.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in drained beans and reheat.
- Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti with 1 tbsp.
- parmesan over top.
Tried this as a last minute scramble to get something on the table. Quite tasty and I really liked the beans in the sauce. Who knew?