Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the cookbook Cheap, Fast, Good. Time does not include chill time.
Make and share this Chunky Southwestern Gazpacho recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- Peel cucumber, but in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds. Cut into bite-sized pieces and put in a 3-quart, or larger, bowl.
- Stem, seed, and cut the bell pepper into bite-sized pieces. I usually slide my knife over the inside of the pepper to remove the waxy part; add to the bowl. Peel and finely chop the onion and add it to the bowl.
- Add tomatoes, their juice, and tomato-vegetable juice.
- Rinse and drain black beans and add to the bowl. Add garlic, stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled, serve.
Very tasty! I loved this dish as it was so... easy. using canned tomatoes, estc. Made for ZWT5!