Recipe by NicoletteL
I love chili, and fall is here, even though it's still hot (lol), so I looked around for some recipes, but I couldn't quite find the spices that I wanted in it. So I meshed some together and got this. It is so good, put some tortilla chips on the bottom of the bowl, some chili and top with some cheddar cheese and some sour cream. It's a def. a comfort food. And, as with most comfort foods, it always tastes better the next day. :) Add or subtract the cayenne for your own tastes.
Spice Mixture Ingredients
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml oil
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 carrots (chopped rustic)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped rustic)
- 1 green pepper (chopped rustic)
- 425.24 g can corn (drained)
- 425.24 g can black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 425.24 g can whole tomatoes (not drained)
- 226.79 g can tomato paste (roasted garlic flavor)
- 2 (850.48 g) can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml spices (above)
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make spice mixture, set aside.
- Chop carrots, celery, and green peppers.
- Add oil, vegetables, and ground beef to a deep soup pan.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink (stir every once and awhile).
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, paste, sauce, spice mixture, and salt (if desired).
- Stir and turn to low.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes.