Recipe by JenSmith
Simply yummy! This chunky spread is made with fresh shrimp and just a hint of curry and lemon. Make this several hours ahead of time so you won't need to rush the chilling.
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (fresh is better than dehydrated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes, just until done.
- Drain the shrimp well and rinse under cold water. Chill.
- Peel and devein the cooked shrimp and coarsely chop.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley, mixing well. Chill.
- Garnish the spread with a sprig or two of parsley. Serve with party-size rye or whole wheat bread.