Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great meal to share with someone who says they don't like tofu. My husband complained that he just couldn't warm up to tofu as a main dish when it was cut into blocks. However, he said that the texture of the tofu in this dish is like "real meat," and he raves about the flavor. I love it too!
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups vegetables (sliced mushrooms, broccoli, peas)
- brown rice or noodles
- Brown onions in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Add tofu, cover and fry on medium-high for about 10 minutes, turning periodically to brown evenly.
- Mix together 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup white wine, 1/8 cup sesame oil and 1 cup vegetable broth, pour over tofu in pan, cover and cook until the sauce reduces in half.
- Fold in the vegetables and continue cooking until they soften.
- Serve over brown rice or noodles.