Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Our family likes lots of tacos, etc and prefer this homemade salsa
- 3 quarts tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 -3 green peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 red peppers, chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped very fine
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- Add more jalepinos for a hotter sauce Cook all ingredients together for 20-25 minutes at simmer.
- Fill hot jars and seal.
Awesome recipe - one improvement I made is to squeeze the freshly chopped tomatoes to reduce the liquid. That way the salsa is not too runny.
Good, bt I would cut down on the white vinegar.