Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple salmon and corn chowder that will stick to your ribs. Serve in a bread bowl or with biscuits.
- 15 ounces salmon, cooked, drained & flaked
- 15 ounces cream-style corn
- 2 cups water
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Stir in onions, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in water, corn, potatoes, salt and milk, mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer at reduced heat for 10 minutes. Add salmon and lemon-pepper seasoning, cook another 10 minutes.
- Stir in dill and serve.
good good good . i added bacon bits for topping and added the broth from the salmon too. thank you for posting dee
I made this with canned salmon that I added in the last couple minutes of cooking to heat through. I used evaporated lowfat milk and the result was still nice and creamy. Delicious and filling!
This soup is delicious, thick and creamy, I doubled the recipe and made this with half and half cream and milk, topped it off with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, I served it with homemade rolls for dinner, We loved it! thanks so much!...Kitten