Recipe by franrobson
Nothing like a hot bowl of soup to serve on one of our cold Canadian winter nights. I serve this with a loaf of crusty bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 19 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Cook onion, celery, carrot, garlic, chili powder, oregano and pepper and stir occasionally for about 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add vegetable stock, cabbage and rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, green beans and red pepper.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.