Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hearty stew that I make to use my garden vegetables in.
Make and share this Chunky Ratatouille Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups small whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cups peeled and chopped eggplants
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- In a large pot, saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil, until tender.
- Add in the mushrooms, eggplant, and zucchini; stir.
- Add the beef broth and wine; bring the mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the tomatoes with juice, basil, and salt and pepper to taste; cook until heated through.
- Ladle stew into individual bowls; sprinkle with provolone cheese.
Very good stew even with my adaptations to use up veggies in the refrig by skipping the green peppers and using 2 jalapenos instead. I also skipped the mushrooms but added some leftover rice and some hotdogs. Delicous as an end-of-the-week supper that takes very little effort to make. Thanks for sharing!