A hearty stew that I make to use my garden vegetables in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups small whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cups peeled and chopped eggplants
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1In a large pot, saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil, until tender.
- 2Add in the mushrooms, eggplant, and zucchini; stir.
- 3Add the beef broth and wine; bring the mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Add in the tomatoes with juice, basil, and salt and pepper to taste; cook until heated through.
- 6Ladle stew into individual bowls; sprinkle with provolone cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Ratatouille Stew
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 710.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g